I’m very pleased to announce the release of Functy 0.25. This new version includes a number of new features, improvements and bug fixes, including the following.
- Functy can now export models in Stanford Triangle Format (PLY) for use with modelling applications such as Blender and MeshLab.
- A bundle of new example files have been added to show off the curve rendering.
- The animation can now be paused using the space bar.
- The button bar can now be hidden by pressing ‘b’; especially useful when running in fullscreen mode.
- Shader compatibility has been improved (particularly if a function or its derivative uses exponents).
- The colour handling of the shader has been improved, so that similar colours are rendered by both CPU and GPU.
- Various performance improvements, for example when rendering the axes.
- Various bugfixes, including reversing the orientation of exported spherical functions for better consistency.
- The Symbolic library has also been updated to a new version.
Functy is available to download via the downloads page for Windows, Linux (x86, x64, ARM) and as a source archive. Functy is licensed under the MIT open source licence.
Although I’m hoping these improvements will make it even easier to use and more stable, there will inevitably be bugs, so please let me know if you find any.